Monday, June 21, 2010

Espresso Machine - Restaurant Equipment on eBay

UPDATE: The final numbers are in on the Marzocco Espresso Machine. Here is the breakdown.

We Paid: $700
It Sold: $1,500
Profit: $800

Now I just have to figure out how to pack and ship a 125lb espresso machine. That should be fun. I will update with how that goes.

****************************************************

The restaurant equipment genre continues to only get better. 1 week ago today I picked up my second load of restaurant equipment from a local auction. This trip we loaded up on a few larger items. One of which was a professional commercial grade Espresso machine. It's a great piece. It was handmade in Italy by Marzocco. 

There were no concrete completed listing comparisons in order for me to have a really good idea on what I should pay. There were several that had not sold in the past and several of a different model that had sold in the $2000 - 3000 range. I did more research by Google'ing the model name and saw that a few used equipment websites had this piece listed at $4000-5000. Now that doesn't mean I will get that much for it, but it at least made me feel pretty good about getting close to $2000 for mine.

I wound up winning the piece at the auction for $700. It was a little more than I would have like to pay, but still within a reasonable range. So...what did it go for?The auction has not complete yet, but here is where it is currently.

I will send out an update when it ends.

Check out its current status:

    We Paid: $700

0 comments:

Post a Comment