Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Daily Flip: Gumball Machine

Our very first stop on Saturday was to the previous home of this 1985 Gumball Machine. We made our normal rounds through this particular yard sale, not seeing too much of interest. The gumball machine caught my eye momentarily but not long enough for me to stop and consider buying it. It had a price tag of $15 on it and I quickly thought to myself, I would buy it for $10. However, I guess I was too tired , at 6:30am, to seriously consider haggling with someone.

So, we got back in the truck and cranked it up. Then Stacy looked over at me and said "What do you think about that gumball machine." I then looked it up on eBay with my iPhone and saw them going for $50-60. So, I said why don't you go back and offer them $10 for it. So, she did...they accepted...and here we are.

The numbers....


Paid: $10
Projected Sale: $50
Margin: 78%

0 comments:

Post a Comment