Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Finds: Estates Sale, Yard Sale & Goodwill

UPDATE: Auction Links are included below. I have yet to post the dishware yet. I hope to get them up today. I will make a separate post for them. BTW - We had an awesome weekend of yard selling, I'll fill you in soon.

*****************************

Yesterday I headed out around 7:30 to visit a few of the Friday Yardsales and to check out the few estate sales that were going on. I bought a book this past week that basically teaches you all about Dinnerware (chine etc). I met the lady who wrote it back in March when I went to the eBay onLocation event in Atlanta. I have been considering buying it for some time but the price of the book ($150) really deterred me, until recently.

It seems that recently I have been having a problem buying ENOUGH items to keep our money turning at a good rate. In an attempt to step up our spending and as a result, step up our gross margin, I figured I would start buying some different items that I normally do.

Dinnerware seemed like as good a place as any to start. After all, you see it at EVERY estate or yard sale you go to. Stacks of plates, bowls & chins. Me being the typical guy though, I have no clue what to buy or what to pay. It has always seemed like a decent opportunity though, give the great supply.

Anyways, I finally broke down and bought the book, read it in a day (all 350+ pages) and bought my first few items yesterday.

That wasn't all though, I loaded up on some pretty good items.

I spent a total of $123.50.

Here is the take:



Vintage Eicro Reel to Reel: $10
New Vista 5pc Luggage: $3
Wilson "Wicked Stick" Golf Bag: $5
Adams Tight Lies 2 Club: $1
Briefcase: $1
Mikasa Bone Chins (5pcs): $5
Pentax ZX50 Camera: $10
Big Bertha Hawkeye Club: $2
Lenox "Merriment" Dinnerware (55pcs): $25
Kitchen Aid Mixer: $40
Goodwill Luggage (5x): $14
Northwester Iron Set: $8
Polaroid Camera: $1

Here they are:




The dishes still haven't made it online yet. I hope to get them up today.

..

0 comments:

Post a Comment