Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to Make it Stick. A Goodwill Story

Andy Andrews talks about the Butterfly Effect. The premise behind the Butterfly Effect is that everything you do effects everyone else in the world in a large way...usually larger than you can imagine and it does so forever. In other words, be careful what you do and don't do. Your actions matter. 

So I have been reading a good bit about that concept lately and really have fallen in love with the idea. So, for me the next logical question was, "How do I use that for Good instead of Bad?" In other words, how do I let my actions, ideas, thoughts and deeds affect everyone around me positively?

I still dont know the answer to that question, but I am working on it. I just picked up a book (got it for my birthday), it is entitled "Made to Stick." It falls along the same lines as the questions that I have been asking. Here is a quick video interview about the book.


I said all that to introduce the "Item of the Day" today. It isn't something I bought or found. It is something a friend of mind picked up. He heard of people that had bought and sold stuff on eBay before. Obviously, being a good friends of mine he knew that I did that. So, he ventured out on his own and started buying stuff himself. 

He liked the idea, he knew it could work....so he did it. 

Very simple and very cool at the same time. So many times I hear people with ideas and stories, but very rarely do I see somebody ACTUALLY DOING something about it. So, I really get excited when I see somebody doing something. The fact that something H did had a small role in helping them take that step is even cooler. 

So without further adue...finish reading this and go make your idea happen. Small or big, it makes a difference.

Here is the item our friend picked up recently at the Goodwill.

He paid: $3



..

0 comments:

Post a Comment