Monday, May 17, 2010

Item of the Day: Sourcing on Craigslist

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Stacy was out of town all weekend and half of last week so my normal routine was thrown off a bit. I spent most of the weekend reading a few books that I have been anticipating for quite some time. I re-read part of Good to Great, anyone that knows me knows that this is my favorite book. I highly recommend it to anyone, whether or not you like business. It applies to business life, family & church life and can really make a difference in how you look at things and how you interact with people.

Moving on...

I set a new goal last week for myself, kind of a mini-goal to help me hit the BHAG of turning the $1150 seed money (from our broken down car) into $10,000 in under 60 days. A small update on that front, we are just over 30 days into that challenge and we are already over half way, right around the $7000 mark currently!

The new mini-goal is to make one deal a day on Craigslist that will bring a net profit of $100. In other words I want to buy something locally on Craigslist and then bring it home, catalog it and resale it one eBay and make $100 on it. AND I want to do this everyday for the rest of this challenge.

I got started last week and several of my items ended this weekend. I'll start with the first deal I completed.

I found this listing emailed him and met him within less than 2 hours.

The item was a really nice TaylorMade R9 460cc FCT 10* Driver. I actually bought it last Thursday and it sold yesterday.

I paid $100 for it and it sold for $189. This was a little short of my goal but I also bought 2 other items that day too. All together I was well over my $100 goal.

Check out the listing for the driver:

















Check back tomorrow for an update on the other items I bought on the same trip.

..

0 comments:

Post a Comment